If you are considering starting a business as an entrepreneur, before you take the plunge, there are preparations you need to get you started. Below are the various ways to get started;
1. Ask yourself ‘’Am I Ready for entrepreneurship? : An important question to ask before becoming an entrepreneur. You must be ready to face the bumpy times and the rosy times. A mindset of certainty is important.
2. It is important to know that Entrepreneurship is a lifestyle not a Job:Entrepreneurship is a lifestyle not a job. Being an entrepreneur means to have an unquenchable hunger for learning, evolving and creating. Entrepreneurs constantly think of ways to be better and add more value.
3. Know and manage your business: It is not advisable to jump into business without first learning about what it takes to run a business as an entrepreneur. Lack of knowledge is a sure way to miss something important during the planning stage and can lead to business failure. Invest a large amount of your time into running your business. You should prepare to spend the majority of your time running the business yourself.
4. Know your target audience: Starting a business as an entrepreneur is like buying a car: You need to do some key research before taking the plunge. First, figure out if there is demand for your product or service. Do a competitive analysis. Find a place to set up shop or secure your online space if you do not want a physical business space. And create a plan to differentiate your offering. Doing your research about your industry can mean the difference between success and failure, and it does not have to cost you.
5. Engage in meaningful networking:business networking plays a pivotal role in developing your knowledge, gain knowledge from the success of others, get new clients and tell others about your business.A good number of successful entrepreneurs got to where they are now because of the help they got from others along the way. A strong professional network enables you attain goals that you’d never achieve on your own.
6. Ask for referrals: As an entrepreneur it is advisable you ask for referrals from happy customers and family and friends. Referrals lead to increase in customer base which will in turn lead to increase in demand and revenue/profit
7. Apply the power of free: staring up as an entrepreneur you should be ready to give out free services at some point apply the law of attract –Engage and convert.
8. Acquire more Knowledge by reading meaningful books and videos that will inspire you: The more knowledge you acquire from reading watching good videos the better for your business and productivity.
9. Read about successful entrepreneurs: Read about entrepreneurs who are successful and will motivate and inspire you into becoming a successful entrepreneur. Having a mentor in your industry that is more experienced is not a bad idea into achieving great success as an entrepreneur.
10. Be ready for continuous learning: Learn! Learn! Learn keep learning, no one is an island. We all need more information to get better at what we do.
11. Research to develop your ideas: Keep researching as an entrepreneur the better for your business as it adds to the overall bottom line of your business.
12. Be prepared to never give up: The key in achieving great success as an entrepreneur is never to give up. There will be ups and downs, but keep pushing and be persistent, you will succeed.
13. Plan for success: Your major aim is to a huge success as an entrepreneur; never forget why you started out as entrepreneur. Always aim and work for the best and success will come
14. Focus: A successful entrepreneur is completely gritty, focused, and passionate about their business. More than money, if you are 100% committed to being successful, you will be. There will always be people who say you cannot do it and daily obstacles that will be thrown your way. It will not be your business knowledge that gets you through, but your perseverance. That drive will define you and eventually inspire others.
15. Get Over the fear of failure: Get over the fear of failure that is holding you. It gives you a chance to look up their information and see if “it worked”. Fear, uncertainty and self-doubt are all raw feelings people experience when they consider the idea of starting their own business. True be told, It is scary. No doubt about that. But over come your fears.
16. Perseverance: Perseverance plays an important aspect of determining who is a successful entrepreneur. The saying “If at first you do not succeed, try, try again” means that few individuals are able to achieve great things without first overcoming the obstacles that stand in their way.
17. Build your confidence:Self confidence is a key entrepreneurial skill for success. … Self-confidence is concerned with how a person feels about his ability. A successful entrepreneur believes in his or her abilities. Not scared to explore un-chartered territories, take risk and take difficult decisions.
18. Know your Customer: Knowing and understanding your customer as an entrepreneur is very vital in achieving exceptional business growth.
19. First Impression: Entrepreneurs who want to succeed and make a fortune in profits in any industry will need to work hard to ensure they always create the right first impression.For that reason, if you present yourself in the wrong way, you could lose clients before you have even managed to sit down for the meeting. As an entrepreneur, how you present yourself is the first step in introducing your business to potential clients Be on time. Dress appropriately. Have a firm handshake. Use proper dining manners. Master the art of small talk.
20. Build a team: Stepping into the journey of becoming an entrepreneur is amazing, however, keep in mind you do not want to do it all alone. You need to build yourself a support system for better results.
The key is to develop a team that can support, encourage and even guide you into success. We cannot do it alone if we want success.