To celebrate the release of the book I love ma cuisine au robot pâtissier published by Solar, Dorian Nieto unveils his gourmet apple cake recipe.
Dorian Nieto’s apple cake recipe
Preparation 20 MIN
COOKING: 40 MIN
FOR 6-8 PERS
-200 g of flour
-120 g of soft butter
-120 g of powdered sugar
-150 g of milk
-½ sachet of baking powder
-The juice of ½ lemon
-1 pinch of salt
1. Place the sugar and the butter, cut into pieces in the bowl of the food processor, then mix speed 4 until the mixture turns white.
2. Add the egg yolks and the milk then mix on speed 4 until you obtain a smooth cream. Add the flour and the baking powder, still mixing at speed 4, then continue until you obtain a homogeneous dough.
3. Transfer the dough to a salad bowl and wash the food processor bowl. Replace the leaf with the whisk. Pour the egg whites into the bowl of the food processor and beat them to stiff speed 6.
4. Gently fold the whites into the dough using a spatula. Preheat your oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
5. Cut an apple in half then cut 10 thin slices with a mandolin starting from the center of the apple. Lemon them. Peel the rest and the second apple. Remove the hearts, then cut everything into thin slices. Cut them into pieces, lemon them and then incorporate them into the dough.
6. Pour the dough into a buttered and floured loaf pan about 20 cm in diameter. Place the whole apple slices on top.
7. Bake for 40 minutes. Check doneness with the tip of a knife.
Tip: You can drizzle the cake with a drizzle of maple syrup or caramel straight out of the oven.