Make up freaks need to read this. Is it shade, tone, coverage, finish? finding the best foundation for your skin type is not an easy task. Taking into consideration the different weather conditions, it seems like an unattainable feat.
A recent survey fromRevlon ColorStay Foundation has revealed that 1 in 10 women i.e 11percent say that find their perfect foundation is as important as finding their perfect partner- well we might just agree with them.
So if you are a lover of something light and dewy for a natural makeup look or some hardcore coverage, here are some pro tips to try out during your make up sessions.
1. If you are buying for everyday wear, perhaps keep the coverage a little lighter or go for a tinted moisturiser and then a concealers to target any areas in need of extra coverage.
2. Choose three shades you think are a close match, swiping all three side-by-side down your cheek towards your jawline. The shade that seemingly disappears, wins.
3. Step outside and check the shade in natural light.
4. Have a foundation for when you’re tanned, and one for when you go weeks without sun.
5. If you have oily skin, try prolonging the wear of your foundation with a primer or setting with a lightweight powder.
6. If your foundation is applying streaky, ditch your brush and try using a beauty blender or your fingers to apply. Both will produce a more diffused finish.